Welcome to the Tortorelli Immigration Law Center, PLLC

Bielka Tortorelli is a graduate of The Dickinson School Attorney of Law of Pennsylvania State University, and is a New York State Bar Member since 2003.
She began her career in banking until she decided to make a change in her life to help her people. Her parents are Ecuadorians who immigrated to the United States, which is why she understands well the status of immigrants, it is also the reason why she was decided to open her law firm, because we know that when immigration problems arise that it may have a strong impact on your life, the uncertainty and concern involving immigration issues can change your life; However, to do nothing and not find a lawyer who really can help and be dedicated to your case that may have a large-scale effect on your life is not an option.

At the Tortorelli Immigration Law Center, PLLC we are here to help you, guide you, educate you in all the processes, giving you all possible options to solve your problems, along with dedication and effort to ensure the best outcome for you.


What is a "Hold" Immigration

An immigration hold, also called immigration detention, immigration is when (usually ICE) today ...

Read more

DACA Guidelines

You may request consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals if you ...

Read more


Immigrants who lack legal work permit - as their own bosses ...

Read more

Tortorelli Immigration Law Center

Important Note

The information contained in this Web site is general in nature and subject to change at any time, as such, it does not apply to all situations, therefore, should not be construed as legal advice under any circumstances. Please make sure you consult with an attorney regarding your specific situation before starting a legal process. 

For more information about legal processes and alternatives in Immigration Law, call our office for a free initial consultation here.

Our Services

Applications for U.S. Citizenship

Citizenship is the status given to a legal member of a country. Citizenship involves rights, obligations and privileges. The U.S. Citizenship can be obtained by birth or naturalization.

Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS)

SIJS helps certain undocumented children in the juvenile system Permanent Residents.Children who have been abandoned, abused, or neglected may obtain special immigrant juvenile status (SIJS), and based on that, apply for permanent residence.


Any person who fears returning to their country can apply for asylum in the United States, with reason, that  persecuted or has suffered persecution because of their race, nationality, religion, political opinion or membership in a particular social group. (The office of USCIS) or a judge, depending on the case, may grant or deny the request.

Bail Hearings

Today are increasing the number of immigrants detained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement United States ("ICE"). Tortorelli Immigration Law Center possesses extensive experience representing immigrants in bond hearings.

Detained Visit

You are important to us, we offer to visit detainees and there by provide the best solution to your situation.

Infopass appointments

InfoPass is a free service that lets you schedule an appointment with a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Immigration Officer by using the Internet at any time of day or night. If you have an immigration issue that is best handled by a trained USCIS Immigration Officer, InfoPass will let you schedule your appointment instead of requesting it in person at your local USCIS office. We will attend your appointment and be there to assist you.

K-1 visa

For U.S. citizens wishing to bring a foreign national fiancé(e) living abroad to the United States to marry.

Adjustment of status

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) permits the change of an individual's immigration status while in the United States from nonimmigrant or parolee (temporary) to immigrant (permanent) if the individual was inspected and admitted or paroled into the United States and is able to meet all required qualifications for a green card (permanent residence) in a particular category. The common term for a change to permanent status is “adjustment of status.” The INA provides an individual two primary paths to permanent resident status. Adjustment of status is the process by which an eligible individual already in the United States can get permanent resident status (a green card) without having to return to their home country to complete visa processing. Consular processing is an alternate process for an individual outside the United States (or who is in the United States but is ineligible to adjust status) to obtain a visa abroad and enter the United States as a permanent resident) This pathway is referred to as "consular processing".

Cancellation of Removal

There are two types of cancellation of removal for people who are non-residents and for those who are residents and who are already in removal proceedings. It is a way of avoiding removal and get to legally stay in the United States. To achieve the cancellation of 10 year, you must show that: 1. You have lived in the U.S. for at least 10 consecutive years and can prove it. 2. You have been a person of "good moral character", at least, during those 10 years. 3. You have not been convicted of certain types of crimes. 4. Your removal from the U.S. would be exceptional and extremely hard for your spouse, parent or unmarried children under 21 who are U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents; 5. The positive points of your case outweigh the negatives; and 6. Immigration has not had a previous case and neither have won the "Cancellation", a "waiver under section 212 (c)" or "suspension of deportation.

DACA (deferred action for childhood arrivals)

The June 15, 2012, President Obama signed a memorandum calling for deferred action for some young undocumented immigrants who came to the U.S. as children and have pursued education or military service here. Applications under the program called deferred action for childhood arrivals ("DACA") began on August 15, 2012.


The October 17, 2007, the government began issuing U visas. This visa allows certain immigrant victims of crime to legitimately live and work in the United States. Immigrants who receive a U visa, after three years, may apply for a green card, green card. The government issues up to 10,000 U visas per year.

Motion to Reopen

The motion to reopen a case is a possibility that the immigration laws allows to fight a deportation order in very concrete circumstances. A motion to reopen a case already decided upon and closed with a deportation order to be allowed must allege: a) there has been a change in the law or legal arguments that were not taken into account b) certain aspects of the case were not taken into consideration. Although there are some exceptions, generally a motion to reopen a judgment must be made before 90 days are observed from the date the final order of deportation was given.


Tortorelli Immigration Law Center, PLLC

Mon-Sat 11am - 8pm
95-13 Roosevelt Ave. Jackson Heights, NY 11372
Mailing Address / Dirección de Correo: 457 West 57th Street, NY NY 10019
Phone: (855) 567-7273
          (855) LOS-PAPE-LES
Fax:     (718) 889-6080


facebook google+